Those who are involved with the handling, installation and maintenance of steel wire ropes.
Aim and Objectives
By the end of the course delegates will be able to demonstrate an understanding of:
- The risks and warnings associated with the handling, storage, selection, installation and maintenance of steel wire ropes.
- Safe working practices and procedures involved in handling wire rope.
- Personal responsibilities for their own health and safety, their colleagues and other persons on site.
- Storage of steel wire ropes
- Certification and marking
- Handling and Installation to include; Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), rope selection criteria and section of the correct wire rope, initial examination of new rope and related equipment (Drum, Pulleys, Rope Guards, Wear Plates etc.), movement and handling of wire rope prior to installation, installation procedures, cutting and splicing and terminations.
- Inspection and Maintenance.
- Possible faults caused by incorrect installation.
- Wire rope discard criteria.
- Risks and Warnings.
A certification of attendance is issued to participants on successful completion.