Companies/Units who require employee training on the examination and safe use of wire rope carried out at their premises. Specifically those who require an overall appreciation of the wire ropes in service and likely to be involved in the inspection, statutory examination, and/or safe use of those ropes. It is also suitable for those who are involved with, or give advice to, users of wire rope and associated equipment/products.
The aims of the course are to provide selected delegates with:
- An appreciation of rope examinations and rejection criteria for steel wire ropes in service
- A grounding of relevant wire rope construction, effects on rope performance and applications, and factors causing rope deterioration.
- Knowledge of safe use and handling of wire rope in accordance with their operations
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of examination principles of wire rope in service.
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant wire rope terminology, constructions, characteristics and effect on rope performance, safe use & handling, and applications, through a short written test.
- Get the best out of their products whilst maintaining a safe working environment.
- A short introduction to various wire ropes, manufacturing, constructions and applications
- An Introduction to rope terminology, the different types of ropes, how they are designated and how they are classified
- A practical assessment of steel wire ropes including an appreciation of rope strength, flexibility, fatigue, wear, abrasion, rotation and elongation
An introduction to rope terminations
- Rope Deterioration
An overview of wire rope examination, discard criteria, and problems resulting from misuse and abuse.
- A short written test
Ratio of Delegates to Presenters
Maximum 12 to 1
This one-day course includes a written confirmation test leading to certification of attendance on successful completion.