This course is for delegates who are required to carry out Oxy-Fuel Gas Cutting operations, either to company or individuals specification.
The aim of this course is to train persons with the skill and knowledge required to undertake Oxy-Fuel Gas Cutting tasks competently and safely.
Upon completion of this course delegates will be able to: –
- Set up Oxy-Fuel Gas Cutting sets to the correct requirements.
- Identify suitable gas cylinders and handle them safely.
- Produce Oxy Fuel cuts to specification.
- Health and Safety.
- Identification of compressed gas cylinders.
- Cylinder handling and storage.
- Component parts of Oxy-Fuel Gas Cutting equipment.
- Assembly and testing of Oxy-Fuel Gas Cutting equipment.
- Correct set-up of working gas pressure.
- Correct flame ignition and shut down procedures.
- Flame types and recognition.
- Preparation of work area prior to operation of equipment.
- Tutored Oxy-Fuel cutting of straight lines, curves, circles and bevel edges.
- Recognition of common cutting faults.
Dependant on requirements.
Certificate of attendance.