This course is for delegates who are required to carry out MMA welding operations, either to company specification, or to an appropriate coding. The course can be adapted to suit the client’s specific requirements, including material types, grades and forms, joint configuration and welding positions.
The aim of this course is to train persons with the skill and knowledge required to undertake MMA welding tasks competently and safely.
Upon completion of this course delegates will be able to: –
- Set up MMA welding sets to the correct requirements.
- Deposit weld metal in a range of positions, on a variety of metal specifications.
- Produce welded joints according to the standard required by the company or individual.
Introduction to the MMA process, to include:
- The welding circuit (current types, AC & DC).
- Plant and ancillary equipment.
- Maintenance of welding equipment.
- Relevant Health and Safety.
- Welding consumables and their application.
- Identification of welding set controls.
- Selection and adjustments of amperage and O.C.V.
- Characteristics of a good weld.
- Simple diagnosis of weld defects and corrective action.
- Tutored Welding practice.
Dependant on requirements.
Either a certificate of attendance and optional BS4872, EN287 or ASME lX test certificate.