On completion of this course the candidate will have the knowledge and skills required to carryout safe working within the Water UK categories of High risk confined spaces including using compressed air self contained breathing apparatus as a planned means of entry and self rescue.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for all people who have already completed the 6150-02 and have been nominated to work or supervise within the Water UK categorisation High risk confined spaces.
A review of the requirements of the confined space regulations 1997 which leads to an understanding of how to:
- Interpret the Water UK confined space classification scheme.
- Write and understand risk assessments for high risk confined space entry.
- Recognise changing environments.
- Use and interpret gas monitors to verify safe atmospheres.
- Understand the properties of gases and the occurance of bad atmospheres.
- Correct fitting and how to check ancillary safety equipment – harness, winches etc.
- How to build, don and doff self contained breathing apparatus.
- Personal Protective Equipment.
- Work within a safe system of work.
- React positively in an emergency situation.
1 day including assessment.
Delegates who complete this course will receive a City and Guilds of London institute certificated competency based on training and assessment (City & Guilds Utilities Operation Scheme 6150 unit 03)