This course is designed for all people nominated to work or supervise within the Water UK categorisation low and medium risk confined spaces.
On completion of this course the candidate will be able to work within the Water UK categories low and medium risk confined spaces including using compressed air escape breathing apparatus as a planned means of self rescue.
A review of the requirements of the confined space regulations 1997 which leads to an understanding of how to:
- Interpret the Water UK confined space classification scheme.
- Write and understand risk assessments.
- Write and understand permit systems.
- Recognise changing environments.
- Use and interpret gas monitors to verify safe atmospheres.
- Understand the properties of gases and the occurence of bad atmospheres.
- Correct fitting and how to check ancillary safety equipment – harness, winches etc.
- How to build, don and doff escape breathing apparatus.
- Personal Protective Equipment.
- Work within a safe system of work.
- React positively in an emergency situation.
Delegates who complete this course will receive a City & Guilds of London institute certificated competency based on training and assessment.
(City & Guilds Utilities Operations Scheme 6150 unit 02).