Those involved in the inspection, statutory examination, and/or safe use of wire rope fitted to vehicle lift equipment. It is also suitable for those who are involved with, or give advice to, users of vehicle lifts incorporating wire rope.
The aims of the course are to provide selected delegates with:
- The skills and knowledge needed to apply the statutory requirements for examination and/or removal of wire rope in service.
- A thorough grounding of wire rope construction, effects on rope performance and applications, and factors causing rope deterioration.
- A thorough knowledge of safe use and handling of Wire rope in accordance with Vehicle Lifts and the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Apply the statutory requirements for examination of wire rope in service specifically related to vehicle lift ropes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of wire rope terminology, constructions, characteristics and effect on rope performance, safe use & handling.
- Get the best out of their products whilst maintaining a safe working environment. Benefits of lubrication etc.
- Carry out wire rope examinations
- The Responsibilities and Primary Functions of a Vehicle Lift Rope Examiner
- Vehicle lift Rope terminology – enabling the delegate to read and understand a wire rope test certificate
- A practical assessment of steel wire rope characteristics including an appreciation of rope strength, flexibility, fatigue, wear, abrasion, rotation.
- Vehicle lift rope terminations – types and discard criteria
- Rope Deterioration
- Examination Procedure
- Discard Criteria.
Ratio of Delegates to Presenters
Maximum 12 to 1
Qualifications/Experience of Trainers
The course is designed and presented by a wire rope industry subject matter expert
The one day course includes certification on successful completion. Additionally a credit card sized proof of training will be provided for each delegate.
Course Materials will include a wire rope inspection handbook and inspection checklist