Users of permanent magnetic lifters. Those carrying out “in service” inspection of permanent magnetic lifters. It is also suitable for those who are involved with, or give advice to, users of permanent magnetic lifting equipment
The aims of the course are to: –
- To provide the delegate with guidance on the operation and safe use of permanent magnetic lifters
- Provide delegates with a thorough grounding of the law relating to the use of and in service inspection of permanent magnetic lifters.
- To provide some practical advice that will enable those who attend to carry out “in service” inspections of permanent magnetic lifters effectively.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to: –
- Carry out lifting operations using permanent magnetic lifters safely and effectively.
- Carry out “in service” inspection of permanent magnetic lifters.
- Demonstrate knowledge of examination, storage, marking and handling of permanent magnetic lifters.
- Demonstrate knowledge of terminology, law, standards and safe working practices concerning permanent magnetic lifters.
- Offer sound advise to other users.
- Maintain a safe working environment whilst working with permanent magnetic lifters.
- Legal Requirements under LOLER
- Marking and Certification requirements
- How permanent magnetic lifters operate
- The effect of air gap
- The effect of material thickness
- How to allow for different steel types
- The effect of contact area
Environmental considerations (heat, humidity ,etc)
- Rules for the safe operation and use of permanent magnetic lifters
- Effective “ in service” maintenance and inspection of permanent lifting magnets
- Practical exercise
- Multiple choice written assessment
This one -day course is carried out in accordance with the code of practice for the safe use of lifting equipment (section 25) as published by LEEA. The course also takes account of manufacturer’s recommendations relative to the safe use of permanent magnetic lifters. It includes a multiple choice confirmation test and a practical lifting assessment leading to certification on successful completion.