The aim of this course is to ensure that personnel are aware of the legal and best practice requirements when using fall protection equipment, and are aware of their responsibilities.
On completion of this course, personnel should be able to:
- Understand the effects of gravity, and its consequences
- To be aware of / have an understanding of the Legislation and guidance with regards to working at height and fall protection equipment
- Understand hazard analysis and risk assessment in connection to work at height (Including accident reporting (RIDDOR)
- Understand the need for a rescue plan
- Affect a pre-use Inspection of work at height equipment (harness / lanyard)
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the three types of fall protection systems, and the components used in these system.
- Demonstrate competence in the inspection of height safety equipment.
On completion of this course, Trainees will be given course notes in the form of PDF Files (CD / Disc)
An assessment will be given after the morning course. Afternoon assessment – practical.
On successful completion of the course / assessment, all trainees will be issued with a certificate (to be posted)