Courses for experienced operators and/or novices. Programmes are designed to meet client needs and delivered on-site as and when required.
To ensure operators can safely use mobile elevated work platforms.
On completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Outline their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Identify other regulations, which apply to the M.E.W.P.
- Identify the cause of accidents and methods of prevention.
- Carry out pre use checks on the equipment.
- Operate the Mobile Elevated Work Platform in line with accepted standards of safe working practice.
- Accident prevention
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Lifting Operations Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
- Company safety code
- Engineering principles – importance of pre use inspection and identification of parts to be inspected – what to look for – what action to take in the event of defects being found.
- Routine daily service checks
- Emergency lowering systems
- Site safety assessment placing and operating the machine.
- Written Test
- Operating Skills (Practical Assessment), Feedback
One day for experienced or two days for novices
This course includes theoretical and practical assessments leading to certification on successful completion.