This course is aimed at all employees who have been identified and/or selected to carry out ‘in-house’ instruction on Manual Handling.
The aim of the course is to train suitable candidates to instruct other personnel in the safe manual handling techniques.
Upon completion of this course delegates will be able to:-
- Demonstrate an understanding of their obligations, duties and responsibilities relating to manual handling operations.
- Recognise the hazards associated with manual handling.
- Carry out manual handling risk assessments in line with the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992.
- Produce appropriate training materials on manual handling as applicable.
- Instruct other personnel on subject matter relating to manual handling operations.
- Session 1 – Methods of Instruction, Instructor Qualities, Systems Approach, Lesson Mechanics, and Techniques
- Session 2 – Manual Handling, a complete demonstration lesson.
- Session 3 – Risk Assessment, a practical exercise built around defined scenarios.
- Session 4 – Preparation and Planning Workshop, delegates are given tuition, help and support in planning and preparing their individual teaching practices.
- Session 5 – Practical Manual Handling Teaching Assessments, an opportunity for delegates to demonstrate their Manual Handling knowledge and teaching ability.
Achievement is measured through individual practical teaching exercises and successful delegates are awarded a certificate of training.
We strongly suggest that companies re-license their instructors every 2 years to ensure they are still effective and fully up to date with current regulations.