The aim of this course is to ensure that personnel are aware of the legal and best practice requirements when using fall protection equipment, and are aware of their responsibilities.
On completion of this course, personnel should be able to:
- Understand the effects of gravity, and its consequences
- To be aware of / have an understanding of the legislation and guidance with regards to working at height and fall protection equipment
- Understand hazard analysis and risk assessment in connection to work at height (Including Accident reporting (RIDDOR)
- Understand the need for a rescue plan
- Affect a pre-use inspection of work at height equipment (harness / lanyard)
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the three types of fall protections systems, and the components used in these system.
- Select products for basic work at height applications
On completion of this course, Trainees will be given course notes in the form of PDF Files (CD / Disc)
An assessment will be given at the end of the course.
On successful completion of the course/assessment, all trainees will be issued with a certificate (to be posted)