On completion of the course candidates will have obtained the skills and knowledge required to carryout safe working within confined spaces including using compressed air escape breathing apparatus as a planned means of self rescue
A review of the requirements of the confined space regulations 1997 which leads to an understanding of how to:
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely.
- Understand risk assesment.
- Understand Permit Systems.
- Recognise changing environments.
- Use and interprt gas monitors to verify safe atmospheres.
- Understand the properties of gases and the occurances of bad atmospheres.
- Correct fitting and how to check ancillary safety equipment – harness, winches etc.
- How to build, don and doff escape breathing apparatus.
- Personal Protective Equipment.
- Work within a safe system of work.
- React positively in an emergency situation.
1 day including full entry into a confined space.
Delegates who complete this course will receive a certificate and a photo id card.