Supervisors and other employees involved in the mounting, changing and safe use of Abrasive Wheels.
The course will cover both the theoretical and practical aspects associated with the safe handling and mounting of abrasive wheels, in line with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER 98)
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:-
- Prevent and minimise the number of accidents arising from the use of abrasive wheels.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the hazards, and the precautions, required to minimise injuries.
- Demonstrate an understanding of methods of marking abrasive wheels (type, size an maximum operating speeds)
- Demonstrate knowledge of storage and handling.
- Inspect and test abrasive wheels for danger. Identify components used with abrasive wheels and their functions.
- Assemble abrasive wheels correctly
- Demonstrate proper methods of dressing an abrasive wheel
- Correctly adjust the work rest on pedestal or bench grinding machines
- Use suitable personal protective equipment