This course is aimed at all employees who have been identified and/or selected to carry out instruction on the safe use of Abrasive Wheels.
The aim of this course is to train suitable candidates to instruct other personnel in the safe use of Abrasive Wheels.
Upon completion of this course delegates will be able to: –
- Demonstrate an understanding of their obligations, duties and responsibilities relating to the safe use of Abrasive Wheels.
- Recognise the hazards and reduce the risk arising from the use of Abrasive Wheels.
- Produce appropriate training materials on the safe use of Abrasive Wheels.
- Instruct other personnel on subject matter relating to the safe use of Abrasive Wheels
Consists of 4 half day sessions shown below:
- Session 1 – Methods of Instruction, Instructor Qualities, Systems Approach, Lesson Mechanics and Techniques.
- Session 2 – Safe use of Abrasive Wheels, a complete demonstration lesson.
- Session 3 – Preparation and Planning Workshop, delegates are given tuition, help and support in planning and preparing their individual teaching practices.
- Session 4 – Practical Safe use of Abrasive Wheels Teaching Assessment, an opportunity for delegates to demonstrate their Safe use of Abrasive Wheel knowledge and teaching ability.
Achievement is measured through an individual practical teaching exercise and successful delegates are awarded a certificate of training.
We strongly suggest that companies re-licence their instructors every 2 years to ensure they are still effective and fully up to date with current regulations.
To gain full benefit from the course, delegates should have some experience and knowledge on the use of abrasive wheels.
All delegates are provided with a complete HSE Guidance on Safety in the use of Abasive Wheels (HSG 17).